Monday, January 21, 2008

Beautiful Freeway




Seems like an oxymoron doesn't it? But truly, the freeways are beautiful here. I took some pictures so you can see.

Even though I'm too young to get into the 55 and older parks, I still need to take notes so that I can remember what I wanted to tell you. For one thing, I wanted to tell you that when Mike gets drowsy during a day of driving, he rolls down the window and barks like a dog to wake himself up. I'll leave it to you to decide what to make of this.
We found a camera shop today where I was able to get the things I wanted for my camera--a split neutral density filter (to darken the skies when they are too bright to shoot without blowing them out), and a new strap for my new camera. Mike also found a monopod (a tripod with only one leg) so that he can steady the camera when he makes video. I haven't yet figured out how I can post video.
While we were driving we remembered a time when we lived in Phoenix, the first year of our marriage, that we made a big vacation weekend to Flagstaff--several hours north of Phoenix. Before we drove out of town, we stopped by a second-hand store where I was selling some old clothes on consignment. Turns out I had sold $12 worth of clothes. It was all the money in the world to us at that time. Times have changed for sure.
But the most exciting thing we did today was to add Arizona to our United States sticker on the side of the RV. I suggested we add New Mexico at the same time, but Mike takes this whole thing very seriously. He said we actually have to BE in New Mexico before we can add the sticker.
Mike has found a place where he can get his shock absorber replaced, and so that's probably what will happen tomorrow. But we will be heading to the national park within the next couple of days. More to come.

11 comments:

felix's dad said...

Sit Mike! Sit!

Good boy!

Lisa said...

Our son-in-law just told us about driving to Vegas and falling asleep once. He decided to roll the window down and scream as loud as he could to wake himself up. All was fine until he stopped screaming, and then his head dropped and he started to doze off again. Soooo, he pulled over, and it must have worked because he was with us to share that memorable story!

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
Anyhow, I'm definitely happy I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking back often!



Also visit my web site: vacation rental property owners
my web page: vacation rental homes

Anonymous said...

Hi are using Wordpress for your blog platform?
I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and set up my own.
Do you need any coding knowledge to make your own blog?
Any help would be really appreciated!

Here is my web blog vacation rentals in Tucson
my web page - truck.net

Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm wondering if you'd be interested in doing a website link exchange?
I notice your website: http://www.blogger.com/comment.
g?blogID=5368660322540341552&postID=5202303135364774946 and my
website are primarily based around the same topic. I'd really like to switch links or perhaps guest author a post for you. Here is my personal contact: philip_rizzo@t-online.de. Please contact me if you're even
slightly interested. Appreciate it.

Check out my web blog :: furnace repair hvac

Anonymous said...

Admiring the time and energy you put into your website and detailed information you provide.
It's nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same outdated rehashed material.

Fantastic read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google
account.

my homepage: furnace repair basic

Anonymous said...

My partner and I absolutely love your blog and find almost all of your post's to be precisely what I'm looking for.
Would you offer guest writers to write content to suit your needs?
I wouldn't mind creating a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write regarding here. Again, awesome web log!

My web-site: semiconductor companies in canada

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Idaho! I'm bored to death at work so I decided to check out your website on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the info you present here and can't wait to take a look
when I get home. I'm amazed at how fast your blog loaded on my mobile .. I'm not
even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, good site!


My weblog http://www.hpa-pod.org/

Anonymous said...

Good day I am so happy I found your site,
I really found you by accident, while I was researching
on Askjeeve for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to
say kudos for a fantastic post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I donĂ­t have time to read it all at
the minute but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have
time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the superb jo.


Also visit my web blog :: investment property rates australia

Anonymous said...

I am wondering which blogging platform you are running?
I'm new to running a blog and have been thinking about using the Live journal platform. Do you consider this is a good platform to start with? I would be very thankful if I could ask you some questions through e-mail so I can learn a bit more prior to getting started. When you have some free time, please be sure to contact me at: daniloolds@gawab.com. Many thanks

Feel free to surf to my web-site circuit breaker labels template

Anonymous said...

My coder is trying to convince me to move to .
net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses.
But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type on numerous websites for
about a year and am nervous about switching to
another platform. I have heard excellent things about blogengine.
net. Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress posts into it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

my web-site; dexhamilton.com