Saturday, January 5, 2008

"I saw above me an endless skyway . . ."




We ran all over town today, which would have been impossible without the navigation unit in Mike's truck. We found the grocery store we liked (wish we had them in Oregon), called Raley's, and ran a bunch of other errands getting things we need for ourselves and for the trailer. The storm blew in as promised and it rained HARD for several hours. When we got home, we both took naps, and awoke to the most incredible sky as the enormous gray storm cloud blew past and a blue sky opened up. When I looked out the window, the whole world had taken on a sepia glow. And when I looked out the window on the other side of the trailer, I saw the most intense rainbow I've ever seen. It was hard to take pictures because of all the RV's in the way, but here are a few. One was taken of the sky reflecting in the big puddle of standing water on the road. Hope you enjoy them. They are a fairly accurate rendering.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Amazing. I wish I could have seen it.

Lisa said...

Hi, I am going to email you because I have so much to tell you about our trip, but wanted to let you know I DID check out your photos and blogs. Sounds pretty good for you so far -- are you into relaxing yet? Love the pictures from today -- such beauty all around us!